With only one week left of school holidays, here’s a quick checklist to help you get organised for school next week.
- School shoes: Do last years school shoes still fit? If they do, give them a polish. If they don’t go get fitted. Lots of shoe shops have 20% off school shoes – a quick google search will take you to the closest option.
- Try on uniforms: My kids have grown a crazy amount during summer, so a quick try on found that one needs an entire new uniform.. Great! Have a try on before the first day back to avoid any drama.
- Check school bags are clean: If you haven’t already, empty out everything and throw the bag through the wash or give it a soak. Use a deodoriser too – they can be pretty disgusting by the end of the year.. Or maybe that’s just my kids?!
- Organise stationery: Does your school give you a list of requirements? Some do, some provide it. If you’re in the former group, make sure you’ve got everything you need.
- Lunchbox and drink bottle: Do you have these ready to go? Do they need new ones?
- Organise travel passes: If your kids need travel passes, make sure you follow the instructions on how to get them.
- Find hats, raincoats, paint shirts and library bags: Make sure they are clean and back in the school bag.
- Cover books: If you have to supply books, make sure you cover them in contact.
- Label everything: Make sure every item that will be taken to school has your child’s name on it.
- Confirm before and after school care plans: Who is doing pick up / drop off? Are they going to care? Sport? Make a list to make sure every day is accounted for.
That should start things off well – do you have anything else on your list? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below.